I would be grateful if you could read the following very carefully.
First of all you must forgive me for the barrage of emails, and duplicate social media posts you are likely to receive from myself/the club in the coming days but as you will know, we have a busy couple of weeks coming up and to ensure as many pairs of eyes see and read this information, it is just something we have to do.
FLOODLIT CRICKET TOURNAMENT
You will be aware that in a fortnights time we will be hosting our 3rd Floodlit cricket tournament. There are changes in the format of this years event to ensure an increase in participation, fundraising and increased action under the lights.
Important information you need to know:
• This years tournament starts on Sunday 19th August and runs to Friday 24th August
• We have increased from 4 teams to 5. The five teams are; holders Bracebridge Heath, Woodhall Spa, Scunthorpe Town, Nettleham and ourselves
• The tournament will be starting a day earlier than usual so there will be 6 nights of action floodlit action
• The tournament will be in the format of a mini league
• There will be 2 games per night
• Every team will play each other once and the top two will play in a T20 on the finals night
• Games will be 20 overs long and consist of 10 overs per side
• On Friday Finals Night, we will be hosting the Under 19 regional final, which will start at 4:30pm, prior to the competition final
• This years event will take place the week before the our £2000 lottery day instead of the week after, so we really do have an exciting week of events to look forward too
As you will know from previous years, this event isn’t possible without the generous voluntary time members give us to help.
Can I please ask you to notify me what mornings/afternoons/evenings and timings you might be available to help out during the week?
If you require specific roles whether that is for the BBQ, stewarding, car parking, gate attendants, you name it, your help is much appreciated.
Some people have managed to take a couple of days off work and others have managed to take the whole week off, which of course is going above and beyond and news that is gratefully received.
Obviously this isn’t an instruction but more of a polite request to help ensure the week runs as smoothly as possible so if you can spare any time at all where I can slot you onto the rota please get in touch, the more hands there are the smoother it will run and with the increase in participation a healthy band of volunteers is going to be vital for this event to be a success.
£2000 Lottery Draw with Live Music
It's that time of year again and the event needs little introduction to members and friends who have previously attended.. the biggest day on the club's social calendar is on the horizon and we simply can not wait for it...
- Sunday 26th August 2018
- 2pm onwards
- £2000 to be won
- Free bar
- Free food
- Academy v Aisthorpe Cricket Club
- Richie Phillips Music
If you have any questions regarding the event or would like to purchase tickets, please get in touch with Dan Taylor on 07817332117 or email@example.com
Thank you for your attention and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes and yours in cricket,
Updated 13:53 - 5 Aug 2018 by Dan Taylor